LEARN :: FUEL :: PERFORM
If you are interested in adding more plant-based foods into your diet, this recipe will not fail you! This vegetarian sandwich is a great substitute for a traditional ham and cheese sandwich packed with vegetables, antioxidants and fibre!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/3 avocado mashed
- 3-4 tbsp hummus
- Orange: shredded carrots & sliced orange bell pepper add amount to your liking
- Green: sliced cucumbers, leafy greens & pickles add amount to your liking
- Red: sliced tomatoes & sliced red bell peppers add amount to your liking
- Purple: shredded purple cabbage add amount to your liking
Spread the avocado on one slice of bread and hummus on the other slice of bread.
Stack your vegetables. I used the following: cucumber, tomatoes, purple cabbage and carrots. Enjoy immediately to avoid bread to become soggy.
Make it gluten-free: choose gluten-free bread